I’m proud to announce the imminent release of Mr. & Mrs. How to Thrive in a Perfectly Imperfect Marriage: A Christian Marriage Advice Book, a new book I had the good fortune to co-write with Kurt Bubna, a wise pastor and talented author.[ref]Yes, I agree that the second subtitle is a bit overkill and dull as a spoon, but I encouraged Kurt to consider including it so as to help with search rankings in both Google and Amazon. Time will tell if that was a wise choice.[/ref]
I “met” Kurt through my former editing position at FaithVillage. He was a consistent contributor, and he continues to churn out thoughtful, inspiring posts at KurtBubna.com and elsewhere online. He’s also the author of the fantastically titled Epic Grace: Chronicles of a Recovering Idiot.[ref]The genesis story for how Epic Grace came to be published is fascinating.[/ref]
As a recent convert to the ranks of the self-employed, I emailed a few pastoral connections to see if they had any projects in need of writing or editing help. Kurt responded in the affirmative and our journey began. A few months after initial contact, we’d written a 174-page book encapsulating everything Kurt has experienced, learned, and taught in his forty years of marriage and thirty-some-odd years of ministry.
It’s the kind of honest, biblical, no-nonsense book I wish someone would have placed in my hands years ago.
Mr. & Mrs. tackles major topics for Christian marriages:
- Is your marriage based on a contract or a covenant?
- Why did God make men and women so different?
- What do men really want from their wives?
- What do women really want from their husbands?
- How can spouses become better communicators?
- How can spouses “fight right?”
- What does God allow when married couples have sex?
- How can spouses have a mutually satisfying sex life in their marriage?
- What happens “when the vow breaks?”
- How can spouses affair-proof their marriage?
- Does God hate the divorced?
- What does the Bible really say about divorce and remarriage?
- How should the church treat the divorced?
- What role does forgiveness play in a Christian marriage?
Kurt also included some helpful though challenging questionnaires at the back of the book that will reveal possible pain points in a marriage.
Read an excerpt on Kurt’s site:
Though there are dozens of Christian marriage books available (and Kurt offers a list of these for further reading in the back of our book), Mr. & Mrs. is an accessible read meant for a general Christian audience. While it’s written for both genders, we hope that men find it especially engaging and enlightening.
Mr. & Mrs. officially releases Wednesday, Oct. 15, but you can pre-order the Kindle version today. Alternatively, you can wait until Wednesday to order the print version and you’ll receive the Kindle version for free. As always, please consider posting an honest review of the book on Amazon once you’ve finished reading.
If you’re married, may this book bring healing and hope or encouragement and confidence to you and your spouse.